REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS:
“Support Local” Campaign Website Development & Graphic Design
Deadline to Submit: September 3, 2021 at 11:59PM
Tourism London is looking to contract an agency to lead the website build and create promotional assets (graphics for social media, newsletters, gift guide magazine, digital passport program, interactive map) to support their city wide “Support Local” campaign.
In collaboration with Argyle BIA, Downtown London, Hamilton Road BIA, Hyde Park BIA and Old East Village BIA, a city wide “Support Local” promotional campaign is to be established and led by Tourism London. The project is funded through the London Community Recovery Network.
This is a coordinated, city-wide promotional partnership effort that is intended to create a sense of community and drive recovery in the city while stimulating local tourism and economic growth. Through this idea, we are telling the stories of the community, gaining trust, creating relationships and building connections that will encourage people to want to invest or experience activities here in London.
The partnership program would focus on promoting local tourism and small businesses through several initiatives and would build upon the already successful and proven Stay a Little Longer and Support Local promotional campaign.
For more information on each of the partners, please visit below:
Tourism London is seeking an agency to facilitate and develop an interactive website to house all assets developed as part of the “Support Local” city-wide promotional campaign (items 2a-b and 3 in the above chart).
The total budget for this project must range between $60,000 - $75,000.
Reporting, Roles, and Responsibilities
The agency will report directly to Tourism London.
The agency will be tasked with creating an overall brand for the campaign. The agency will also develop an interactive digital map (housed on a website) indicating the various experiences and events across the city, a digital passport program to incentivize supporting local business and a holiday gift guide (print and digital).
A project coordinator at Tourism London (currently in the hiring process) will be responsible for the day to day project management, working closely with the agency and will provide and arrange for logistical support for the agency as needed.
The agency will be responsible for brand development for templating in future years. Ongoing content creation in all of these areas will be managed by the Project Coordinator.
Qualifications of Proponent
The successful proponent will be London, Ontario based and will have the following:
- Advanced and demonstrated website development and graphic design abilities
- Experience working with Tourism and Business Improvement Area Associations
- The ability to consider multiple stakeholders in the project
Proposals should highlight the agencies:
- Demonstrated work in large scale marketing campaigns supporting local tourism and business
- Relevant experience and success in web development, graphic design, and project management including any references and level of satisfaction of current/past client experience
- Overall approach and methodology to be used in creating the website and marketing assets for this campaign
- Complete proposal
Proposal Submission Requirements
Proposal submissions should be accompanied by a covering letter summarizing your understanding of the project and the services to be provided. A list of names of all individuals and their company name (if subcontracting any project work) who will be participating and working with the proponent. The person signing the covering letter must be authorized to bind the agency. The proposal should be a maximum of 10 pages plus CVs.
The proposal will include:
- Detailed CV of each individual working on the project and providing service (including any subcontractors and their firm’s name), along with their qualifications and experience
- Identification of the project manager of the agency, detail of what each team member will be responsible for and will carry out as part of the project
- Critical path that clearly identifies the project tasks and timelines
- Any previous experience and relevant projects that have been carried out
- A fee schedule including deliverables, hours, rate/hour and total cost to complete the work in each phase of the project
- Total costs must include all service costs and reimbursable expenses. No additional charges will be considered unless there is a change in the scope of the work that has been mutually agreed upon by both parties in writing.
- Minimum of three references detailing the work of the agency and any subcontractors have carried out
- Must be addressed to Natalie Wakabayashi and sent electronically in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposal submissions will be received up to September 3, 2021 at 11:59pm.
Questions should be directed to Natalie Wakabayashi via email at email@example.com by August 30, 2021.
Selection of Successful Candidate
August 19, 2021
Call for Request for Proposals (RFP)
September 3, 2021
September 8, 2021
Proposals reviewed and evaluated
Week of September 13-17
Presentations from Top Candidates
Notify successful candidate and commence project