Attention adventurers! There are hidden treasures in London, Ontario!
London, Ontario is home to many iconic and exciting locations. In celebration of #TourismWeekCanada2022, the Tourism London team has put together a scavenger hunt to test your wits and help you #ExploreLdnOnt and some of the "hidden treasures" throughout our vibrant city. The hunt will run from Monday, May 30, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. until Friday June 10, 2022 at 4:30 p.m. Can you find all ten locations and win a free prize?
Navigate our list of riddles and clues below to go on a journey through some of the coolest places in London. Once you've arrived at a location, take a selfie with you and/or your team to verify your progress. The clues are listed in an intentional order, although you can complete them however is most convenient. We encourage you to explore on foot or bike to get an up-close adventure. The entire hunt takes approximately two hours of walking. The tenth clue is the final location where you will go to verify your completion! Each completed scavenger hunt receives one (1) ballot for the grand prize. A staff member will verify the pictures you've taken and submit your completed ballot.
There is one Grand Prize and two smaller prizes available for those who complete the Scavenger Hunt in its entirety! Ballots will be drawn on Monday, June 13, 2022 and the winners will be notified via email.
1. Where fossils, the arctic and outer space combine, take the kids to ignite their curiosity and have a good time!
2. Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack! This provincially designated heritage site has been in use as early as 1877. Despite its name, beer is only served here during games!
3. A metal, single-horned friend invites you to check out a visual display of local and national arts. Located at the forks of the Thames, you don't want to miss the view from this location.
4. Operating with pride since 1845, this landmark is hardly a Hasbean(s). Find fresh, local ingredients for your next meal at this location, once painted by Paul Peel!
5. From Mr. New Years Eve to Queen Marie, this one-of-a-kind Hall has it all! When in search of Fame, our City of Music is your aim!
6. This downtown London landmark has been a place of grand performances for over 100 years. To this day, there have been strange and unexplainable occurrences, including sightings of a benevolent ghost. Were those who had these sightings telling the truth, or were they just acting?
7. A downtown space that's named after a queen, it's enjoyed in all seasons; festivals, skating, events in between!
8. It was at 2 o'clock in the morning, when an idea metabolized, a discovery in this house, that has since saved many lives.
9. You’ll need a balanced breakfast to enjoy this location all day. This spot used to be all about work, now it’s about jumping and play!
10. Where the London brochures and information are a plenty, a tourist counsellor will make sure that you are visit ready!
BONUS: When you're on your scavenger hunt, post a picture of your journey to your social media accounts with the hashtag #ExploreLdnOnt and tag @TourismLondon. Show this picture to a staff member at the final location and you will receive and additional entry into the prize raffle!
Good luck and happy hunting!